Your first visit will start off with an extensive review of your medical history. We will go over what your goals and expectations are with the physical therapy intervention. Your history will dictate the order in which we proceed with the internal and external musculoskeletal examination. You are always welcome to have another individual in the room during the evaluation and/or treatment.
Your physical examination may include:
- Postural and structural assessment
- Joint and functional range of motion
- Pelvic alignment
- Palpation to assess areas of familiar pain
- Myofascial evaluation of the pelvic girdle muscles to identify myofascial trigger points
- Pelvic floor examination (done by gently inserting a gloved, lubricated, finger internally) to assess muscle tone, motor control, and strength
- Evaluation of you core (primary and secondary) muscle strength
- Skin inspection
- Other special tests as needed
Following the physical examination, I will discuss your physical findings, my assessment, and suggested treatment plan. You will have an opportunity to ask any questions that you may have regarding the plan that we establish.The duration of your therapy will vary based on the severity and chronicity of your condition.
I do not utilize any support or clerical staff in my office. You will communicate solely with me during your rehabilitation.
I encourage a multidisciplinary treatment approach and will be happy to communicate with any other healthcare providers to coordinate care.